3.12.2008

today's happenings

I am feeling better. Thankfully. Sore throat from Saturday turned into a cold, which I can handle. No big deal.

Today, My friend's son from This, That and the Other Thing (which used to be Mementos of a Military Mom), his fiancee and his step-dad came in to see us at work. He is finally home from Iraq after 15 months and wanted to come in and say thank you for all the stuff that Ohio Wholesale sent him and his unit.

It was really great to see him. I always thought he was such a great guy. It was great to meet his fiancee too, she was very very nice, very smart and you could tell that she loved him a ton.

He has to go back to NY for a few months before he is free to move back here. I would really like us all to get together when they are back, go to dinner or just hang out at his Mom's.

I would love to talk to his fiancee more. She is very interesting. Plus she had a great point that everyone, including myself, needs to realize more often. She said when she sees people telling each other off, or spouses yelling at each other she really just thinks you need to realize what you have, what's right in front of you and what you would miss if it were gone. With her here and him in Iraq that would give you great insight on what to be thankful for and how to spend your time with each other when you were together. We tend to forget those things on a day to day basis. That's important.

Anyway, other than that. Nothing much. I am spending the evening with my Dad which should be fun. Mom is going to Amy's for the night and neither of us had plans so I thought it would be fun to hang out with Dad. He needs to run to Home Depot and I need to run to Walmart and then we'll catch dinner. Short night, but fun.

Hope everyone is well. also hoping the weather turns for us soon!!

No comments: