3.08.2008

snowed in and a sore throat

darn it! the blizzard of 2008 is going on right now and I can't get my car out of the parking lot. Even if I wanted to get my car out of the parking lot, they just announced that if you are driving in Summit County right now you will get a ticket. great. I'm so bored. :)

We do have a PILE of snow. I just went out to throw trash in the dumpster, more to just get out of the house for a minute, and I couldn't figure out where the sidewalk was compared to the curb for the parking lot. Needless to say, I said screw it. Oh well. I can't even look at the line of cars and instantly decide which one is mine! Guess I am not going anywhere today.

Steve did leave for work though, and he actually did ok. Usually takes him about 20 minutes, and he got there in about 45. Not too bad. He was really hoping that they would just close the plant, but they are swamped right now. The printing company that he works for mainly prints school books and March is the time for them. I guess there are four states that require that textbook companies submit so many copies of their version of a textbook for approval. The textbook has to be in by the end of March, and then it is either accepted or denied. If accepted, the book is in circulation for 5 years. Each year is a different subject (math, reading, etc.) so that this happens every year. If it is declined, then the manufacturer just lost all the money in production and printing of their samples and the book is just thrown out. That's some tough competition! It isn't Ohio, I heard CA, FL, NY and a fourth that I can't remember. So anyway, the printer is swamped right now with all of that, not to mention all the other stuff that they do normally (including my companies' Summer 2008 catalog that I just turned in)

Long story short, Steve did have to work tonight. :)

As far as me, I guess I shouldn't go anywhere anyway, my throat is on fire! I blame my cute little nephew. I saw him Thursday morning and he was a snotty mess. He managed to rub his snotty nose all over me, but of course I didn't really care at the time because he is super cute. Amy called me yesterday and she has a terrible cold, as does my Mom. May not be his fault though because I don't have a cold. Just a throat that is on fire. Not good. Oh well.

That's my excitement. I was supposed to go see Amy last night after work, but it took me 40 minutes to get home so I decided driving what would be an hour in good weather to her was probably not the greatest idea. I did go hang out at my Mom and Dad's instead though, couldn't get myself to sit at home all night, and they only live about a mile and a half from us.

Well, I hope everyone is warm and safe. Take care.

1 comment:

Cher said...

Your blog made me chuckle. Ya gotta expect those kinds of things when kids are around! Hope you feel better soon, kiddo.