3.20.2008

Juliana and Angie

I got together with my group of girls tonight. We try to get together once a month, but since the beginning of this year we've had a slow start. I might have mentioned this before, I don't know.

I met these girls through my friend Juliana. Juls and I grew up together. Literally. She was my neighbor as a child, and our Moms got us together before we were walking. I've known her forever. She is really like a second sister to me. We know everything about each other and we talk frequently and laugh like sisters as well as argue like them. She is really great. Sometimes I used to think that we wouldn't have been friends had we not have grown up together because we are very different. We have a lot of different views on things, really life in general, but especially in the last few years, even 8-10 years we have learned to appreciate the different sides of things and respect each others opinions and differences. Again, she is really great. I value her friendship beyond anything I could ever say.

Juls' family moved to Luxembourg when I was 8 because of a job transfer her Father had, and we stayed connected. It was like my 8 year old world ended, but through letters, books and audio taped "letters" we stayed together. When they came back a few years later they moved to the city next to us which was great. When we went to college we grew apart a little, but we've managed to get back together since then and we'll always stay close no matter where we are now.

Anyway, as I was saying, I met all the rest of the girls through her. Friends she worked with or went to school with, but I have also known a majority of them for 10-12 years. They are my friends now. To where I don't talk to any of them nearly as much, but I can call any of them at any given time to get together on our own and vice versa. Which brings me to Angie.

Angie is a friend through the library where she and Juls worked. She and Juls both met their husbands through the library as well, and they are very special guys too. Angie and her husband have always loved children. They have been trying for 4 years, 4 years next month actually, to get pregnant and have never been able to. They have gone through an unreal series of tests and nothing has shown up as wrong with either of them. Juliana always felt bad because she always said she could just look at her husband and get pregnant. It's been really hard for Angie and in the last year we really haven't even wanted to ask. They have tried a bunch of different treatments, all kinds of things with no luck.

Finally, they decided they weren't going to worry about it anymore, they decided to go on vacation to Florida for a break and when they got back they had one more treatment they could try and then they would consider other options. Well, Angie's pregnant!!! It looks like a Florida vacation was just what they needed!!! We are soooooo excited for the both of them. Juls is already wanting to plan a baby shower- lol!

I hope Angie doesn't care that I share this info, but we couldn't be happier for them. It's been a long time in the making and they will be great parents!

1 comment:

Cher said...

How wonderful and exciting! Please tell them CONGRATULATIONS. And keep us posted on things. I'd love to hear how her pregnancy advances.