9.23.2005

my last name

I've been Jennie B. for as long as I can remember. Everyone calls me that. All of my friends do because there are so many Jennies around. In Juliana's wedding there were 4 of us! Work calls me that because Badalamenti is too hard/long to say.

I'm going to be Jennie James now. Well, not now, but sometime in the next year or two. That's so strange. Not that it's a bad thing, I love Steve and I'm very excited, but it's strange that I won't be Jennie B. any longer.

When I was little I couldn't wait to get married. I always said as a child that I was going to marry someone with the smallest last name possible. Well, 27 years later, I'm proud of that name and a little attached (which isn't surprising because I get attached to everything!). It's going to be sad to lose the Badalamenti name. Is that wierd that I think that?

I'm excited to marry Steve though. I feel very lucky and happy at the same time. I'm still kind of shocked, I thought we would end up together, but now that it's a reality, I'm just shocked that it really happened. Two years ago, I was saying forget it, now look!

Jennie James, huh. Just call me JJ!

No comments: