2.07.2008

life is crazy

Life is crazy isn't it? I don't really have a solid reason for saying that, but as I listen or look around or just pay attention to what goes on in the world it all seems just so crazy to me. The emotions that can run through a person in a day is amazing. The amount of things you can get accomplished in a day, the amount you can learn, the amount you can handle/tolerate, the amount you can appreciate is amazing.

Sometimes I feel that the world is becoming a scary place, you just don't know what to expect next. But I also wonder if I just become a bigger chicken the older I get. I don't remember it being like this when I was younger. Didn't really matter what you ate or drank, what medication you took, where you played in the yard, how careful you really were. I always felt pretty safe. Doesn't seem that way anymore. Everything is "bad" for you, everything is dangerous, people are scary, don't play too close to the street, everyone sues everyone else and man don't touch that because there's lead paint there.

But then to switch it around, I was standing outside last night getting the mail and looked up to the sky and it was amazing to watch. It was just slightly sprinkling, I could see the sky and some stars through these dark puffy clouds that were really moving quickly across the sky. It wasn't quite a dark black sky, but it was a very dark blue. Enough light from the stars to show the blue around the edges of the clouds as they moved. It was almost surreal to me. Sometimes at times like that it will hit me what an amazing, gigantic world we live in. It was kind of like laying in a giant field and watching a clear sky night or day, ever done that? It's been a long time, but it always made me think about what a huge place we were in. Yet comforting at the same time. I have no idea if that makes sense to anyone else. :)

I guess the situations that people go through and the things that happen in our day to day lives just makes me laugh and think life is just crazy.

2 comments:

Cher said...

I can really relate. Sometimes something happens in a person's life that makes them realize it's time to keep it in perspective. Know what I mean?

jennie said...

definitely know what you mean!