1.26.2008

reading suggestions....

I just finished a series that I've been reading for awhile, Sue Grafton is the Author. She has books with titles consisting of the letters of the alphabet, all the way to T is for Trespass. It's a series about the Private Investigator and everything she gets involved in. It began pretty slow, but once I got started I had to keep going because then I "knew" the characters in the books. Now I really like them but I have to wait for "U" and who knows when that will happen.

Anway, so I am bookless right now. OK, I have some that I haven't read yet, I usually borrow a handful from my friend Lauri. I call Lauri every once in awhile and ask to borrow from her library and Missy does the same every few months when she's home for a few days. That's how much she has. It's become a joke between Mis and I. So, I do have a handful, but nothing I really can get into.

I like almost everything it seems. Fiction and Non, doesn't really matter. I just want to be able to really get into it. Have you ever started reading a book and the next thing you know you've just lost an hour or more and you can't put it down? That's what I like.

So, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I need something new.

thanks!

5 comments:

Cher said...

You HAVE to read "the five people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom. Our Soldier read it straight through and hasn't ranted about a book so much since he read "The Count of Monte Cristo" which WAS his favorite book. He bought it for me but I'm not going to read it until he's home.

Cher said...

Oh, and I forgot...have you read any of Lawrence Sanders books? His main character is McNally, a detective.

jennie said...

I have read "the five people you meet in heaven" and it was good!

I haven't read any of Lawrence Sanders books, I'll look into those, thank you!!

jennie said...

sorry I didn't call you back the other day, I'll talk soon though!

Anonymous said...

you should start the dark tower series by stephen king. not a horror series like you would think. much more of an epic journey and adventure.