4.30.2008

misc updates

Steve's step dad seems to be doing better. We saw him on Sunday for just a short time, but he's in good spirits. He needs some other tests done to make sure that he doesn't have problems in other areas, but so far so good.

Charlie really is a monkey! lol! amy has never straped him into his high chair before, he's never needed to be, but the other day she turned around to the sink and then when she turned back around he was on the floor! jumped right out of his chair! He's fine, he was just a little stunned!

He's started talking, little words here and there. He'll answer questions with "yes" and tell you when he's "all done" eating or playing. He has a different animal noise and body part everyday that he likes. He's been on a sheep kick, telling everyone "baa" and pointing out everyone's eyes but poking you in them. The other day we taught him about his belly button. problem now is he knew "button" as in on your shirt, but now "belly button" is confusing. He forgot button all together and just pulls up his shirt and points to his belly. Really cute.

He loves it outside. The other day he was standing at the door looking out and my Mom said "you can't go outside right now, you don't have shoes on" thinking that would work, but he went over and picked up his shoes and brought them to her. He's such a smart kid. lol

Steve and I are still house hunting. I haven't said much about that because we can't make up our minds. Problem is where to live and whether to buy existing or build. Steve would rather build, I'm not so sure we could afford that. We could afford the house/land that we are looking at, but the extras like landscaping and a driveway are added costs. and existing house prices are so low right now and very negotiable, we could get a great deal.

Spent last Friday with my sister. We had a great time. We traveled all over the place, Lodi outlets, Failawn and Wadsworth stores, lunch and then dinner later with Mom, Dad and my little Monkey. It was a great day.

This is going to be a long week, so much due at work this month, but that's ok. That's what keeps my job going! Not much planned for the weekend. Friend of mine taking me to dinner on Friday for my bday next week. Quiet Saturday (which never ends up being the case) and the Steve and I have a 3D archery shoot in Canton (I think) on Sunday morning. That's about it.

Nothing too exciting. Maybe I'll have something more fun later. I need a good topic...

2 comments:

Cher said...

So glad you posted! I get such a kick out of reading about Charlie. (Me thinks he may have a person or two wrapped around his little finger, yes?) I'm so excited about you buying (or building) a house! It is SUCH a buyer's market. You told us a little about why you want to buy rather than build, but you didn't tell us why Steve wants to build instead of buy. Gotta have both sides of the story, here!
**huggles** (Have you talked to Kim lately, at all?)

jennie said...

lol, I haven't talked to Kim lately, unfortunately, I need to get on that.

I would love to build, I just don't think we could afford it.

Steve would rather build I think because we could get exactly what we want, for the most part anyway. With the house model we were looking at, there are things we would do on our own, like build a deck in the back rather than have the builder do that to save money, (both our fathers are construction people, steve's dad is a contractor through Lowes and they could direct us) He is very picky, which isn't a bad thing, and he would rather it be new and get what he wants then have to do a lot of updates. If we have a certain amount of money we want to spend, then why spend that much on something that needs work when we can spend it on something that doesn't. I do understand that.