4.14.2008

100 things about me

My friend Cheryl thought it would be fun for all of us to do a "100 things" list. I don't know if I can list 100 things about me, but here we go:

1. I am almost 30 and not excited about it.
2. I have been married for about 1-1/2 years.
3. We met through his Mom, which I didn't think would work, but did beautifully.
4. We have a lot in common and are opposite at the same time, it works great.
5. I have one sister.
6. She has a little boy whom I love
7. I also have two wonderful neices through my husband that I wish I could see more of.
8. He has a great family.
9. I'm a Daddy's girl.
10. I used to be a dancer, ballet, tap, jazz.
11. I was on the dance team at Ashland University when I went there, my freshman year. Danced inbetween basketball quarters.
12. Got introduced to crappy college food and beer and gained too much weight.
13. Slowly working now to get it all off. mostly with spinning classes.
14. I love bud light and diet coke. my favorites.
15. I am a Graphic Designer.
16. I love what I do, I wish I could update my skills through school, either learning more programs or web design.
17. I would love to be able to freelance full-time.
18. I run the catalog dept for the company I work for.
19. I have a great team under me. I couldn't do this without them.
20. My husband and I are house hunting. It's really hard.
21. I have a lot of medication allergies.
22. I love Italian food, and chocolate. :)
23. I love my friends, they mean the world to me.
24. I am still friends with the girl I met when I was one year old.
25. My sister and I didn't become friends until she was getting married a few years ago. Now I think she is one of the best people I know.
26. I am truly very thankful for my friends and family everyday.
27. I used to be a great drawer, pretty good at painting and liked ceramics, even though I didn't put enough effort into it. I haven't done these things in a long time.
28. I got a scholarship to Ashland from a drawing of a work boot that I submitted.
29. I am not into scrapbooking. I think it looks really cool when finished, but it is cleaner and faster to do on the computer.
30. I do know how to knit. I don't really like it, but I know how.
31. My favorite flower is the lilac. It's beautiful and it smells good. and A. Bon loved them.
32. I am bad at goodbyes.
33. I hold grudges.
34. I love with all my heart and put my whole self towards my family and friends.
35. I love the beach. the ocean, the smell of it. I love to lay on the beach all day long.
36. I feel better with a suntan.
37. I don't like to talk on the phone unless it's my family.
38. email is easier for me to keep in touch. I'd rather just get together.
39. I am a social person, I'd rather go out with everyone than sit at home some nights.
40. other nights, it's nice to curl up with a book.
41. I like to make Italian food, other than that, I hate cooking.
42. I wish I felt a love of cooking, or at least baking.
43. I love bonfires.
44. I hate bugs. any bugs.
45. I hate birds.
46. I am afraid of the dark.
47. I am claustrophobic.
48. I love swimming.
49. I love watching sports, basketball, baseball, hockey, football, I am not good at these.
50. I really like archery, but wish I was better.
51. I am impatient.
52. Steve and I want a dog someday.
52. I don't like the little "kick me" dogs, I like bigger ones.
53. Not a cat fan.
54. Had a dog, fish and a few ginea pigs when we were little.
55. my sister killed all of my goldfish because she poured the entire bottle of food in the tank. she was little, it was an accident.
56. I just learned how to ride a bike last summer, Steve taught me.
57. I love pilates and yoga.
58. I love a lot of music, but don't know the names of the groups/singers or the song titles of hardly anything.
59. Steve and I went to Maui for our honeymoon. it was the best place i have ever been.
60. our wedding was outside and was beautiful. I couldn't have asked for better.
61. i wish i could win the lottery so my dad could retire and my parents could have medical insurance.
62. i wish steve's sister's and their families lived closer.
63. i am very close to my family, we'd do anything for each other.
64. i go to the dentist every six months, but i hate it. lol
65. i am most comfortable in jeans
66. i have really thick hair. and I like it short.
67. i always wanted to be a dark redhead.
68. I would love to travel. to all the touristy places in the US.
69. I love Old Navy, Walmart and Penneys.
70. I love Taco Bell. lol
71. I love Big Macs (can you see why I'm not skinny!)
72. I love ice cream, not chocolate though. Dad and I used to go get ice cream all the time.
73. I love to walk outside.
74. I hate the cold weather. I am only here because my family is.
75. I love elephants, they are amazing creatures.
76. I rode an elephant once at a circus. it was great.
77. I love the zoo. that was my first date with my husband.
78. I love being outside.
79. I love the color blue.
80. but i also love deep, rich browns and reds together.
81. i first went to college with an Interior Design major.
82. Then i wanted to be a starving artist because I switched to Graphic Design and didn't want to learn the computer!
83. I love the city of Pittsburgh. it is beautiful. I spent a year there for school.
84. I am a huge Cleveland Browns, Cavs and Indians fan though.
85. I love American Idol, So you think you can Dance, Biggest Loser, and Friends.
86. I have almost all the Friends DVDs.
87. I love little kids, but don't really want my own.
88. I miss people terribly when they are gone and wish I could see everyone all the time.
89. I can smell scent on unscented stuff. lol. very sensitive nose.
90. I love the smell of my husband's soap and deoderant.
91. I love the smell of vanilla and coconut and peach.
92. i love mushroom pizza.
93. i love pictures.
94. i love the Impressionist period, especially Monet.
95. I also love Andy Warhol.
96. I wish i would have been a better student.
97. "i wish I knew then what I know now"
98. I like silver better than gold.
99. I love jewelry, but I don't change up what I am wearing.
100. I love blogger, it keeps me in touch.

I did it, but I rambled a lot. Sorry! Hope you like it Cheryl! Amy, your turn!

8 comments:

Cher said...

Wow. I'm only on 16. And, that's what I like about these. One always learns something they didn't know. Thanks, Jen!

Mandy said...

Great post! I'm not sure how I'll do but I'll try!

Cher said...

Does Amy have a blog, Jen?

Kokopelli said...

Being 30 is cool. Tomorrow you'll be bouncing grandkids on your knee. *grin*

jennie said...

my sister Amy doesn't have a blog. the "amy" i refer to is from "today is a new day"

Kokopelli said...

Jen, any chance you could scan and post the pic of that work boot? I'd really like to see it.

jennie said...

Kokopelli, someday I will do that. I think I actually took a photo of it and have that somewhere. My Dad loved that drawing, so one year I framed it and gave it to him. It's hanging in his living room right now :)

Kokopelli said...

Thanks, Jen.