4.22.2008

crazy weekend

well, the weekend was going to be a very relaxing one. I didn't have any plans really other than a pedicure with my Mom and sister scheduled for Saturday morning. I have a few books I wanted to sit and read on our back deck because it was going to be beautiful out.

That didn't work. Usually when I plan to do nothing it doesn't work. But family comes first.

Steve's step-dad, Jim, ended up getting life-flighted in the middle of the night Thursday night to Akron General. They thought it may be heart problems because he just had two stints put in, which was the reason for the flight. Ended up not being the case, but it was really scary.

Non-medically speaking, he has calcium/blood clots surrounding his heart and they moved to 18" of his small intestines. They talked about cutting that section out, but had decided to give him antibiotics and monitor him for 24 hours (this was friday afternoon) which ended up working, luckily. He was actually released yesterday and went back home.

It was a scary time though. I got to General about 4:30am, Steve came from work, both Jim's daughters and their families came up, and Jim's sister and Mom from PA came too. He had a big group of supporters. Rough weekend though. Same hospital my Dad spent time in last summer with his neck so at least I knew my way around, that helped in the middle of the night.

He seems to be on the mend though which is great news.

This weekend, I am taking Friday off to hang out with my sister. Our birthdays are at the beginning of May and she's been bugging me for awhile to take a day off and hang out with her, so I thought this would be a good time. She is going to come here and drop Charlie off with Mom and then we are going to run around for the day. Hopefully the weather will stay nice and we'll have a great day.

Steve is off this weekend, so hopefully we'll have a stress-free weekend.

Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I did it. Not quite 100, but what the heck. At least you've got the info on me now.

Glad to know your SFIL is okay. That is scary!

I will be having a nice shopping day on Friday, too! Going with my aunt for Jessica's Birthday Extravaganza Weekend. Her birthday is Sunday, but the fun will last all weekend, starting on Friday. I am so looking forward to having a Girls Day! Will be thinking of you, too.

Cher said...

Sorry to hear your weekend was stressful but glad to hear Steve's step-dad is o.k. How's Steve's Mom holding up?

So tomorrow is your Thursday-Friday. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!