9.07.2007

misc stuff

Hope everyone had a great labor day weekend. We seemed like we were running all over, but it was fun.

Saturday we actually didn't do much, decided to have one day of nothing, nice.

Sunday we went to a 3D archery shoot in Canton. Just Steve and I, that was nice. We don't spend much time together, so it was nice to get too.

Monday we went to another shoot in Ashland, good times. I was much more tired this time. 3D shoots are fun. You walk through the woods and shoot at 30 different targets of rubber animals. Everything from traditional deer and turkeys (for the hunters out there) to dinosaurs and aliens. It's a lot of fun. But it's hot and you're walking through the woods uphill, downhill etc. You go up to the stake you are supposed to stand at and then you decide how far away the target is that you are shooting (in yards) anywhere from about 15 yards to 35 yards. It's hard, I'm terrible at that part. Then you shoot your bow at it and see how you score. Each target has a bullseye on it and points range from 5 (if you miss the bullseye altogether but do hit the target) to 11 (center of the bullseye) and of course you get a "0" if you miss it. which I tend to be good at sometimes.

Then you add all your points at the end and turn them in to see where you placed. It's fun.

By Monday though, being out of shape, I was already beat! We did well though.

Got to see little Charlie, he's such a little cutie. Now he gives "kisses". I was walking him around the front yard at my mom's and kept saying "Charlie give Aunt Jennie kisses" and he would open his mouth and lean into my cheek. and drool. so darn cute! I just love that little boy!

Went to my friend's baby's baptism on sunday too. She is 5 weeks old, Maia, and she's cute. She slept through the entire thing. I went as the videographer and Steve was the photographer. She has another little boy, 2 years old named Jack, and he was running around telling everyone about Mr. Noodle from Elmo's world on Sesame Street. He is so cute and such a smart little boy.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'll write more this weekend.

1 comment:

Cher said...

Isn't it amazing what one will do to be with their loved one? I would've never thought! So glad you enjoy it!