8.31.2006

this ridiculous week...

What a terrible week! I am totally a bride! :)

The family shower was this past weekend. It actually went really well, so I thought. I got to talk to all my family and friends, had a great time, got lots of really cool gifts, all is happy in the world. Then I find out that my crazy great Aunt Clara actually spent the shower telling Steve's family what terrible ungreatful people my family were. I should have seen it coming. To make a long story short, she raised my mom. Mom is wonderful, Aunt Clara thinks we don't honor her enough for raising my mom, so we're all ungreatful, terrible people. This is not a new story to me. Since I was 10 years old she's been telling me how awful my mom is and how fat she is and etc... finally I couldn't hold it in any longer. I told mom.

I probably should have kept my mouth shut, (like I've done for the last 20 years) but no part of me was able to do that. So after a long Monday and a lot of conversations, we un-invited her. What a mess.

Then, Tuesday and Wednesday, I was late for work. Wednesday I didn't even set my alarm!! I've NEVER done that!! It was terrible. I've also been just a crying, weeping mess this week. This is so unlike me! All I can figure out is that it is the stress of work and the stress of the wedding...

Update on Grandma Barnes...things don't seem to be going that well. She was able to come to the shower which was sooo fun! it was great to see her and she was soo excited to be there. but after that she seemed to go backwards. She's still at the clinic and all that, but she's been falling a lot and not making it to the bathroom in time. She had another MRI and they want to wait about 6-8 weeks before surgery on the other side. I'm not sure what is really going on, no one is. We're just a little nervous.

That's my venting for now. More later.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing. We ended up getting married in Vegas and bringing the family rather than invite parts of the family that were feuding at the time. And nobody was happy. What a bummer. Try not to let it ruin your happy time. That's really rough. Hang in there, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Amy said...

Are things going better now? How soon till the wedding?