8.04.2006

Grandma Barnes

To anyone out there, I am asking for your prayers for my future Mother-in-law's Mom. She has suffered a stroke after our crazy hot OH weather the last few days, and is in need of some prayers. She has one artery completely blocked and one 70% blocked and we are waiting to see if she is going to be a good candidate for surgery.

God decides when your time to join him has come, but she is a very special lady and she is in my thoughts.

thank you!

update:
Grandma Barnes did have surgery on one side. She is currently in intensive care, but seems to be doing ok right now. Her blood pressure spiked this morning, but hopefully they can get that under control. If all goes well, she could get released tomorrow or Thursday. Then they may decide to do the other side in about a month or so, if needed. Because of her age, they may not do it if everything else seems ok. Thanks for the prayers!

She did say that she was lucky because her husband was with her through the whole surgery (he passed away about 2 years ago.) So she was happy.

5 comments:

Amy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. That God will use the doctors and lead them in the right direction and that her body will heal itself. And that God will give you peace that He will take care of her.

My grandma in law is 95 and I can't imagine not having her around. She is one of my best friends!

Amy said...

Please post on her progress.

Amy said...

I read a couple of your old blogs. Your sister and BIL are Amy and Scott. My husband and I are Scott and Amy. Your fiance's last name is James. My last name (married name) is James. Coincidence? Maybe, but it is fun.

Amy said...

I read a couple of your old blogs. Your sister and BIL are Amy and Scott. My husband and I are Scott and Amy. Your fiance's last name is James. My last name (married name) is James. Coincidence? Maybe, but it is fun.

jennie said...

that is fun! I'll have to tell my sister! Thanks for the thoughts, we all appreciate it!