8.14.2006

more updates

Well, Grandma Barnes went into a rehabilitation clinic on Saturday afternoon. They still aren't able to get her blood pressure down, but they need to get her better in order to do surgury on the other artery in her neck. I don't know much about it, but she is supposed to be there for 2 weeks at least. We talked to her Saturday morning and she says that she feels a little better. She's still a little confused and sounds terrible, but she seemed happy to talk to Steve.

Amy is super sick. She found out at the doctor last week that she is 8-1/2 weeks pregnant with a expected due date of March 21, and she can't keep anything down. She's still excited though, and she calls me a few times a day to ask me to drink a Diet Coke for her and to eat a hot dog! (or whatever she's hungry for at the time) She's told me a list of everything that she's gotten sick on and will never touch again! I feel so bad for her, she sounds horrible, but I can't wait to see my little niece or nephew! Plus, I have been trying to get her to give me some jobs to do for the shower. She's holding a bridal shower for me, and I think she needs some help, but she won't give in!

Steve and I had a great day on Saturday, it was his night off work so we had all day together, by ourselves. That doesn't happen often so we took full advantage! We went miniture golfing and played in the arcade and drove go-carts. It was so fun! Steve and I and a bunch of little kids! I won mini golf and air hockey, and he won everything else. Then we went to Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream, and rented a few movies and went home. It was great to spend time with just him. I just love him so much!

Well, that's it for now, everyone have a great Monday!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, I love being married, but I would like to be able to go on dates with my husband more often. That sounds like a hoot. And cold stone is the best. I like the mixed fruit with sweet cream. Yummy.

As far as the Bridal Shower, check out pamperedchef.com and their new bridal registry. I am a consultant. The registry is awesome, you can do it online and people at your shower can order stuff for themselves and for you, too, and you earn free stuff from what they buy. Then you get some great stuff!

Tell your sister that the morning sickness will go away. The first three months are the worst. And it's ok to have a Diet Coke once in a while, just not too often! :-)

jennie said...

Thanks for the advice!
Cold Stone is great, we love the peanut butter cup with peanut butter ice cream, but fruit and cream sounds really good too! We try to go on a date every few weeks or so.

My sister told me about pampered chef's registry just last night! how weird!!

She also told the doctor that if her morning sickness wasn't gone at exactly 3 months then she was coming back in and he was going to do something!! she's so funny!