7.22.2008

the house

LOL, ok Cheryl. My friend informed me that she wants to hear about the house, so that's what this post will be.

We had the house inspection and had a few things that we wanted changed. Mostly electrical. Turns out that in order to get a VA loan (my husband was in the Air Force so we qualify for that) these things have to be fixed. The sellers fixed everything last week, and we are going in tonight for the appraisal and to see what they did.

It's very exciting!! Then I heard after this we are home free until close. Actually, we walk through three days before close to make sure everything is good and then we close. We close in September, beginning of, and get the keys then.

It's really a nice house. We got the ranch that we wanted, and a lot of room really. Small yard, but it's surrounded by trees, so it feels very private. Two bedrooms and two full baths upstairs and then the basement is finished and we have two more bedrooms and a bathroom down there. Really nice kitchen, all appliances staying. Back deck, pretty good size. We want to do a little work to one of the bathrooms and paint and clean and stuff but it doesn't need anything major. We'll work on it, but nothing that absolutely has to be done, which is nice.

And we can do everything we want before moving anything in, which is also nice. Plus, I like the area. I love where we are now, it's convenient and I grew up there so I'm partial, but it's going to be nice being there. Steve and I both know the area and I have a lot of friends around. and really it's not much farther than we are now. Not a far move or anything.

I'll keep you posted. If there is anything I missed that you want to know, just comment and I'll respond. I'm sure I'm skipping a lot.

1 comment:

Cher said...

Thanks for the post! I'll help you put the shelf liner in, how's that? No, seriously...I'm so excited for you guys! It sounds wonderful. When's the first party? LOL. (Just kidding)