6.04.2008

Wii Fit

Ok, yes I am a sucker to the Wii. Steve and I got one for Christmas and it is the coolest thing. lol. I am not at all a video game fan, haven't really been since Super Mario Brothers on Nintendo way back when. But this thing is cool.

First we played the sports games that came with it, which are fun. Get you off the couch and playing. You make a little Mii person that you play with. My Jennie girl is cute I must say. :)

We've played other things with Wii, we've downloaded a lot of old Nintendo games (which you can buy online for like $5/ea) and just recently we got Wii Fit. I thought it may be dumb, claiming to be a fitness game but that thing is great! I don't know that you would actually get enough of a workout on it to notice a difference, but it really does get you moving.

You play with your Mii and stand on this board to do it. At first it weighs you, you tell it some info and it tells you your BMI and how much you need to lose to be at a perfect weight. Everyday you are supposed to get on and track your progress. and if you do outside activities (like my spin classes) you can log those in too. Then you can play games that really get you working out!

You choose between a bunch of categories, aerobics, strength, yoga etc. and you play the games or do the activities in there. The more you do and do successfully the more activities you "unlock" and add to your collection. My favorite has to be hula hooping. It is freaking hysterical! you pretend to hula hoop as fast as possible, and they throw more hoops at you as you go and your points add up. it's great and it totally wears me out!!

There's skiing and step classes and jogging and yoga poses and push-ups, all kinds of things. Plus balance, they always balance test you and tell you where you stand. I tend to stand with more weight on my left leg than my right.

I could go on and on but don't have much time. Just wanted everyone to know that this thing is so fun and funny. Everyone should try it!!

3 comments:

Cher said...

How weird you should blog about this. L.S. just got one. I can't wait to see it. Sounds like a hoot!
You coming out for the Blue Tip? I've got your puzzle and stuff.

jennie said...

oh! i need to get that. When is the Blue Tip? if i don't make the parade I will for sure come sometime for the festival. I need my yearly elephant ear. :)

Kokopelli said...

You and Cheryl make this wii sound interesting, though I wonder if it would match the excitement of 1970's Pong with the paddle in your right hand and a beer in your left. Did I just "date" myself?