5.27.2008

Great Weekend!

Three days! It was so nice to have those three days. and Steve had them too, so we had a good time!

Friday night I went to Amy's and babysat Charlie for the evening. It was Scott's birthday and they went to dinner and a movie. Charlie was getting a few teeth in, so he was actually very calm and clingy. He sat on my lap the whole evening and we looked at books. He is so cute cuz he will tell you basically what he wants when you ask him. about 8:15 I said Charlie are you ready to go to sleep and he said yes. (which sounds more like "yesh") but he went right to the stairs and tried to fit under the gate to head up before I could move it. Went right to bed. What a good little boy.

Got up Saturday morning and went spinning. Then we went over to Steve's Mom's house because he got a new bow and wanted to shoot it for awhile. Had a good time. Went on a bike ride around the lake and got an ice cream cone at their little shop. Came back and started a bon fire in their fire pit in the backyard. They had their neighbor and her son and daughter-in-law coming over for a bbq that night too so we got everything set up. The son and daughter live in Manhatten and work for the New Jersey Orchestra and they are really interesting people. It was a lot of fun to meet them and listen to some stories.

Sunday we got up way too early :) and drove to Millersburg for a 3D shoot. It actually went OK. Steve did really well, Millersburg and I always seem to have problems. lol. but it went fine. Came home, showered and went to dinner with Steve's Dad and Cheryl. Had a good time with them, we don't see them as often as we should, it was Christmastime the last time.

Yesterday we slept in really late, which is always fun, and then went for a 25 mile bike ride. Let me tell ya, geez that's a long ride! This time we started in Canal Fulton instead of Barberton and rode through Massillon. Hadn't been that way before, really really pretty out there. I like that path a lot (part of the towpath) It was just a little too far for me though, I get sore sitting that long!! But it was my own fault because Steve told me to let him know when I was ready to turn around and I waited too long. But it was fun. Came home, showered, ate dinner and I went over to Mom's for a little bit. Hadn't seen them in awhile.

It was a really good weekend. Now I'm back to the same old grind. Been so busy at work. Two more really really long weeks and then I think we may slow down for a little while.

I think I could have used a week like this. There were so many things that we could have done, everyone was doing something, there just wasn't enough time to see everyone. But we had a really good time with the people we did see.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

Cher said...

Wow! That sounds like the weekends we had when we first met. Run, run, run. But soooooooooo much fun. Thanks for sharing. How's the house thing going?