10.06.2007

christmas for the soldiers

My friend at "Mementos of a Military Mom" posted this picture so I have to too!!
She and "Her Soldier's" fiance have a "Christmas Presence" campaign going, please check out her blog about it, and I decided that my company needed to get involved. I love that soldier, he is a great guy, and there are approx. 40 men and women in his unit in Iraq.

Well, long story short, my company is wonderful. I have recieved SO MANY goodies to send over there, along with 12 baseballs, 6 mitts and a bat from the President of our company!! Lots of boxes! It is very touching how many people really care and will all come together to do something special to show their thanks.

The photo is of a desk in our office full of all the goodies, and there are more that haven't made it to the desk yet!! So exciting!!


2 comments:

Cher said...

12 baseballs! I mis-reported that. Thanks for the correction. Our community is the best!

Elaine Thomas said...

Very Cool!! I will have to check out your friends site.
Elaine