3.09.2007

too many projects, still no baby

I've been so busy, but I love being busy. I work approx. 50 hours per week, and then I picked up way too much freelance work. This printer I know decided to start his own company and wanted to be able to offer graphic design work as well as printing, so he asked me if i'd jump on board for some extra money. it's fun to do work other than "country giftware" which I do my 50 hours per week. He's had me make brochures for mortgage companies and verizon as well as business cards and logos for a motorcycle company and his printing company. I like the wide range of projects.
but I'm so busy!!! I can only work on that stuff after I leave work, which is anywhere from 5-6:30 or so. plus I'm trying to do it all when Steve isn't home, which is Wednesday through Saturday, so sleep isn't happening much! but hey, I'm busy and it's fun.

No baby yet. Amy goes to the doctor every Thursday and then calls and updates me. she gained 5 lbs. this week and in the last 2 days is really holding water. her socks are leaving marks on her ankles and she can't put her rings on, she's not real happy. but she isn't dialated any yet either, so I think we have some time still. She's not really due for another 1-1/2 weeks or so, and the doctor said he wouldn't let her go past the 1st without inducing her, so within 3 weeks we should have a baby in the family!! She bought him a little Easter outfit to wear over to mom's this year, and mom thinks she needs to get him an Easter basket, even though he'll only be days to weeks old, but hey, whatever, we're all excited!

that's it for now! hope all is well in blog-land!

2 comments:

Amy said...

My friend is having her baby today! We are all waiting anxiously since she didn't find out the sex of the baby! She was 9 days past due, so they induced today (and she was dilated 2 1/2 cm). So, by six o'clock there should be a new baby in the world. Let your sis know that this is only temporary and to try to get some extra sleep since when the baby comes, she will feel better but she won't have time to sleep!

jennie said...

that's so exciting! congrats to your friend! I can't wait to hear all about and what she had!