10.19.2006

Maui

I forgot before I finished my wedding post!
Maui is gorgeous!!!!! If you haven't been there you have to go, expensive food-wise, but definitely worth it! We're ready to go again!!

What we didn't know was that some of the activities need to be reserved in advance. so, a lot of things we weren't able to do, all the more reason to go back some day!

The view is amazing. We took a few day tours, toured pineapple/fruit plantations, went to the top of Haleakala Crater (looks like you're on the moon!) toured the Road to Hana, saw all those beautiful sites. Went in a cavern/cave with flashlights, and even parasailed! That had to be the most exciting thing that I have ever done. 800 feet of rope, up in the air, and Steve and I were able to go up together. it was so wonderful. The last night we saw a theater production about the history of the island that was really impressive and we hiked through a redwood forest.

It amazed me that one place could have so many different climates and views. Ocean (clear blue), mountains, rain forests, redwood forests, craters. I'll share pictures soon, like I said earlier, I don't have any at work! what was I thinking!!

Oh, and we got back about 6 days before the earthquake. God was watching out for us through this entire last month! I was glad to hear that no one was hurt though.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

congrats on the wedding and the wonderful honeymoon. that's so wonderful!

jennie said...

Thanks! We had a great time!

Good luck with you and Wonder Boy too!