9.19.2006

shower, bachlorette party and strep throat...

My sister held a "friends shower" on Saturday for me. We separated that from the family shower because the family shower had so many people. Amy did an amazing job. I kind of felt bad because I didn't do nearly as much for her as she did for me on Saturday. She thinks of everything and is so creative! The favors were jelly jars containing all the ingredients for making Reese's Pieces cookies!

The shower went really good. 17 people including Steve and I and both our Moms. We got so much stuff again!!!

The bach party was immediately following. Yes, it was a very long day, but it was so hard to find even one day that my three bridesmaids could do, I couldn't even imagine finding 2! Amy set up Pure Romance party, which I've been to before and it is totally hilarious! A room full of girls talking about sex and spa products, so funny! Then a few of us went out to the Galaxy which is a really nice place that has banquet halls, dining rooms, wine bars and a sports bar. We really didn't stay all that long, because we were beat!! Amy made me a veil to wear out though, and Steve's Mom bought me a white t-shirt that had "bride" written in little jewels. It was cute.

So, all in all a really fun day. The only problem through the whole thing was that I came down with Strep Throat on Thursday!! I went to the Dr. on Friday and he gave me an antibiotic and told me to take double each day to knock it out fast. That way by Saturday afternoon he said I was no longer contagious. So, I felt better, just stuffy and tired. but a fun day.

This weekend, Steve and his groomsmen are going to PA to a cabin to cook out and fish. He'll have a great time.

Then, in 11 days!!! Holy cow! this year has gone so fast!!! I'm so excited!

Grandma Barnes is still doing so-so. She had some tests done yesterday because she gained 12 lbs. of water weight in her legs! They thought she was getting blood clots, but luckily that was incorrect. They aren't sure what is going on, but she's back at the rehab center again. She really likes it there. She has a schedule for lunch and dinner with some other residents, and different shows she watches on TV. She won't talk on the phone during these events at all and since she can't speak well yet, when you call all she says is "eating" or "tv" and she hangs up on you!! :) it's a riot!! and she won't call back! you have to guess when she's finished to talk to her or you'll get hung up on again! She seems in good spirits though for so much going on. We just continue to pray...

That's some of my life for now. more later. Blogging is such a great thing to have even if it is only to get everything out on paper- so to speak. I no longer have the desire to write, typing is easier! it's just great to put some thoughts down...

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is all so exciting! And the cake sounds yum! And beautiful! You are going to post pictures on the blog, right? So glad Grandma Barnes is doing well, too. That's hilarious about the phone. She sounds like a hoot.

No matter how crazy things get, it will all work out in the end.

One suggestion, if you haven't already thought of it. Put disposable cameras on the tables for people to use and leave. You will get so many great pictures and see things on the pics you wouldn't otherwise have a chance to see. It's fun.

Good luck. Are you honeymooning? Someplace fun?

Have a blast, enjoy this time. And at least if you are sick now, you should be okay for the wedding!

jennie said...

it is such a crazy time, but I'm so excited!!I'll definitely put pictures on the blog!

I just thought about the cameras on the tables the other day actually, I think my future mother in law is going to buy some. it'll be fun to see what people take photos of! thanks for the tip!

Oh! and we are honeymooning in Maui!!! super excited!!!