6.15.2007

what's been going on...

nothing super crazy, just normal life.

Babysat my nephew last week while Amy and Scott went to a wedding (it's the year of weddings and babies, I have another wedding this weekend) it went OK. I was more panicky then I expected to be, but we survived. I just love him!

Amy went back to work this week. She's very sad about that, feels like she is always leaving him. Mom (grandma) is the babysitter. Amy works three nights a week, Mom by herself for one, with Scott for the second (so Scott doesn't have to get up during the night since he has to work the next day) and Scott by himself the third (which I think is good because then Charlie can hang out with Daddy a night) Seems to be going OK, although my Mom is exhausted. She's not used to this, hasn't had to do it in awhile. I think Uncle Steve might try to step in a little during the day so Amy and Mom can take some naps!! Everyone will get the hang of it eventually though.

Steve and I bought bikes! we decided that we needed some fun form of exercise, I get bored easily. So we went to Walmart and bought just cheap-o bikes. He had to teach me to ride though, which was interesting. I had a bike when I was little, but I was never aloud to leave the driveway, so I didn't really learn what I was doing. It went well though, and it's a lot of fun! we figured if we keep it up maybe we'll by nicer ones next summer. I am very out of shape though!! Flat ground and down hill is simple, but going up any little hill is rough!! It'll get better though.

I think that might be the excitement for now, if I think of anything else I'll fill ya in!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So cool about the bikes. Good for you! It will get easier, though. Just take baby steps and don't try to go too far too fast. My neighbor has lost sixty pounds(!!) since February. She started walking. Slowly at first, then she really picked up. Now she is running. And she has only done a half hour a day! It doesn't take too much, but you have to keep it up.

That's too bad that your Hubby didn't get to go to the wedding. It is fun to see how other people do it up. We went to one in Hollywood some years ago. The "eclectic" crowd. There were hippies, earth children, you know. Poets and artists and everybody was allowed to stand up and do their thing. And then, instead of clapping, everyone clicked their thumb and middle finger together. It was really bizarre! But something we still talk about!
I would have rather gone for the steak!