1.03.2007

New Years

Well our New Years Eve celebration was great! Steve asked me in the morning what I wanted to do for the day, and I actually decided on nothing. It was perfect. There are very very few days that we actually get the entire day together, just the two of us, and that's what I wanted. So, we ran to Walmart, bought some stuff to make for dinner, rented some movies and went back home. Sat around in pj's all day. It was great. Turned on Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve around 11:45 (I never miss that!) and then I was asleep by 12:15.

Perfect day.

As a resolution, we both said we would find some ways to spend more time together. With our crazy jobs and different shift schedules, we really don't see each other much, and never every day which is just sad. We need to work on this. This it is a little bit out of our control since it involves work, it could take some juggling, but we'll make it happen...

My sister is at around 30 weeks now, and she's getting scared. It's very strange to see her like this, because she is usually the tough one, but not right now. Don't get me wrong, very excited, but still nervous. Any suggestions, tips, words of wisdom for the expectant mother?

I have a few friends that have told her some things, or funny things that happened to them, or things she doesn't need to worry about, and it seems to be helping her a little. The rest of us are very very excited though! I can't wait to see the little guy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well, what is she scared about? About having the baby in general, about having a v-birth or a c-section? Or just about being a mom in general. Having had two children (both c-sections) who are now three and five and all kinds of complications with the births, the breastfeeding, raising them (!), I can tell you that it does start to come naturally in no time at all. The c-section, if necessary, is not the end of the world. She will heal up pretty fast and be up within 24 hours. The breastfeeding is possible as long as Mom is willing to work on it and not quit. It doesn't come as easily as you would think! And being a mom in general is a wonderful experience. I wouldn't miss it for the world. But her life will never be the same. She will view everything differently and her focus will be on this new little bundle for the rest of her life! I'm somewhat jealous of your sister, since I know from this side of it what she is about to go through. Tell her not to worry. Just to not rush through it to get on to the next thing. Enjoy every moment. There may be other babies, but the time she spends with this one will happen only once. It should be cherished. Okay, now I need to stop writing this book! Keep us posted on how the mommy and baby are doing, okay? And I know you don't know me very well, but believe me when I say I have been through it all. If you do have any questions, feel free to email me personally at babyjessicasmom@netscape.net, okay?

jennie said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comments and I will pass all of this along. I think she's really nervous about the birth of the baby. She very excited about being his mom and I know she'll do great. We can't wait to meet him!